Monday, September 19, 2011

On tap for this week, Sept. 19th, 2011...

Unfortunately I was only able to attend the one game this past week. Kentwood and Tahoma played a very good game and you can read further down the page.

This week I hope to attend Emerald Ridge (2-1) @ Federal Way (3-0) on Thursday night, either way I will do a preview of the game. The Eagles are undefeated after they beat defending SPSL South Champ, Curtis last week 17-7. Emerald Ridge is an interesting team. They have 5 Co-Coaches that work together to guide the team. Two seasons ago they finished winless, last season the struggles continued finishing with just two wins. They have already equalled last seasons win total. Could be a HUGE win for the Jaguars if they can get it.


Friday night I will either be attending Liberty @ Mount Si or Mercer Island @ Interlake. I will announce my plans later this week via twitter @HSFootballWA.

I will not be attending a game Saturday night. I see online a few day games I could attend, but cannot confirm the game times. If I can go see a small school game Saturday afternoon I will try to get there.

---

Mason Kelley of the Seattle Times has his weekly 3A and 4A Rankings up, view them right here.

Doug Pacey of the Tacoma New Tribune has his weekly rankings up as well. Doug does rankings for all levels of play and can be viewed right here.

Interesting to see where both writers have the Skyline Spartans (1-2) after their second straight loss.

When was the last time Skyline lost 2 straight? I literally do no know and can not find anything telling me. If anyone knows, please pass it along.

---

This week I hope to begin a weekly thing called "This week". Last week I went around the sound and did "To this point". I got great responses and have decided to make it a weekly thing. The SPSL teams seem to be bringing in the most blog views so I will do them first every week.

---

I got my first email from a parent this week. The parent actually said "He was excited to read what you had said and I wanted to thank you for that". For me, that is what this blog is all about. I try as hard as I can to never talk bad about a player. What I want to do is bring recognition to the players and coaches who deserve it.

---

In the last few days I have been talking to the folks over at Sportsology about doing wome stuff for them. Writing about the Seahawks is part of what I will do, but the main thing I hope to accomplish is covering the Seattle Thunderbirds and the Western Hockey League. As far as sports go, hockey is the game I attend the most as I am a season ticket holder of the Thunderbirds. I follow the team on the road during the season and usually attend 50+ games. When Seattle is not playing or I am not at one of their road games, I will go to Everett and take in Silvertips games. I consider myself a fan of the WHL that supports the Thunderbirds. I have been told that I am an impartial hockey fan and I hope that comes out in my writing.

---

I feel as though my writing here is improving. One thing I hoped to do is to follow the east side of the state as much as the west, to follow the small schools as much as the big schools. One problem I have is finding information on the smaller schools. Hopefully in the coming weeks I can put together a piece with stats, standings and what to watch for 1A, 1B, 2A and 2B. It might take a lot of work, but it is something that needs to be done.

---

HIGH SCHOOL STADIUM PIC OF THE WEEK:


This is a look at the stadium home to the Concrete Lions. They have a small set of wooden bleachers on the visitors side as well. The school is just south of Highway 2 and you actually drive underneath the school to get the stadium. It is very cool. For more pictures visit the album on Facebook by clicking this link. You can view 29 other pictures from in and around the stadium.

---

Please follow me on Twitter @HSFootballWA. If you read any forums please post links to my page. Any and all help I can get in promoting this blog is much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment