Monday, August 27, 2012

Hard work will always pay off...

     My first post on this blog is dated August 29th, 2011. Two days short of one year I am now typing my last post. Don't worry, I am not going away. I have accepted a position with Northwest Elite Index. In this post I will go over a few things regarding my change and where I am headed. I also would like to tell the story of May 31st 2012. I will thank some people and finish with a few links you need going forth.

---

     First off I would like to talk a little bit about where I am going. When I first started writing this blog I had my eyes set on a few places. I did follow NEI and the Barton Football Academy, but never really thought they would contact me about working for them.

     From the first conversation I had with Taylor, I knew he was a guy I would like to work with. He and I see things the same way. He gives me an opportunity to continue to do something that I love while offering resources that can't be matched.

     When the time came that my work was beginning to get noticed and I had sites contacting me about working for them I knew it was going to be a tough decision. In the end, I felt as though the potential that NEI brings is something I could not pass up. Taylor and Jordan think outside the box and are never satisfied with just doing the norm. The passion that they show for football is unmatched. I eat, sleep and drink football and can't imagine working with people who are not the same way.

     I am a firm believer in everything we are doing at NEI or I would want nothing to do with it. I truly think that before the end of this season, we will be #1 in the Northwest. Nobody will work harder than we will. It simply isn't possible.

---

A little story...


     That picture shows you the first contact I had with Taylor. In the upper-right you will see it is dated "31 May". The days leading up to May 31st were just like any other. It appeared as though it would come and go just like any other. When I woke up to an email notification saying "Taylor Barton mentioned you on twitter", I really didn't know what to think.

     We exchanged emails, then phone numbers and eventually I would get a call from Taylor himself. When I got that call I was actually in the middle of a phone call with my mom. I told her I had to go and clicked over, not sure I even said good-bye.

     I received more than 30 phone calls, 50 Facebook wall posts and countless text messages on May 31st. You see, May 31st is my birthday. It is now also the day that the biggest dream in my life began to finally become a realization.

---

     I have so many people that have supported me through my adventures the last year or so. I know I can't possibly mention all of you, but I would like to thank a few.

     First off I would like to thank all the players and coaches that helped me with content for this blog and my Twitter when they had very little to no reason to be so accommodating. Without you guys, I am nothing.

     I was sitting at the O'Dea/Seattle Prep game last season tweeting plays and scores like I always do. In the days before that I had started to get ideas that maybe I was wasting my time. That night Kari Norman mentioned to me that she was following every tweet as though she had a team in the battle. She didn't. Kari lives in Vancouver, WA and has probably never heard of either school. She was following the game for no reason other than the fact that she loved my passion for what I was doing. That squashed all thoughts I had of quitting.

     Brian Hayes, Allen King, Charles Bingham and Jon Whiting. You four guys don't understand how much I value your friendship. From rides to games to countless questions that you know will turn into a rant about everything I know regarding a certain player, you guys are the best. Brothers!

     From the day the Auburn School District let out til a few days from now when they go back, I have spent what seems like every minute with Kaitlyn (7) and Austin Gallo (9). While they drive me insane at times, they are so much fun to be around. Some of you have had the privilege of meeting them at events I have attended and many of you have probably laughed at some of the stupid things Kaitlyn does. Their mother Amanda has quickly become my best friend. She has been supportive from day one and asks me everyday where the kids and I went and what we did. She knows it is possible I might go on a 10 minute rant about how good Max Browne is at throwing the fade route, but she continues to ask. Thanks to these three, this really has been the best summer of my life.

     Don't take offense to not being on here. Just reading this you are showing support for what I do and I thank you for that.

---

Links

Northwest Elite Index Twitter

Taylor Barton Twitter

Jordan Johnson Twitter

Northwest Elite Index Facebook

Northwest Elite Index YouTube

---

     In closing I would hope everyone reading this will follow me over to NEI. Thank you all for the support.

3 comments:

  1. There's something in my eye..... Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you're doing well. Continue to do what you're passionate about and you'll always be rewarded.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still something in my eye lol

    ReplyDelete