Tuesday, October 18, 2011

On tap for this week, Oct. 18th, 2011...

This week has some really good games. I will be attending two games this weekend, but will not be at a game friday night.

Thursday night has a few really good games, I have yet to decide where I will be going but 4 undefeated teams are in action. O'Dea (7-0) vs Seattle Prep (7-0) is the easy choice, but having already seen Prep I am tempted to go elsewhere. It could also be good to see Prep play again to see if they have gotten better since the Emerald City Kickoff Classic. I would also like to go see Lakes (7-0) @ Auburn Mountainview (5-2). Mountainview is coming off a tough loss to Peninsula while Lakes is climbing up various rankings in the state and around the country. The last resort game for me is Emerald Ridge (2-5) @ Kentlake (7-0). I am hoping that if I end up here that Kentlake will finally impress me, but I doubt I will be at French Field.

Saturday I am planning on attending Tacoma Baptist vs Bellevue Christian @ Lake Washington High School. This game excites me for a few reasons. I get to take pictures of a stadium I do not have yet, even though I have been there more times than I can count, and I get a chance to see Walker Williams who has verbally committed to play at Wisconsin.

---

Rankings:

Mason Kelley of the Seattle times will get two mentions here today. First is he put together some links, just like I am doing now, for national rankings that can be found right here.

Second Mason mention is right here and is his weekly 3A and 4A rankings. #1 Ferris lost this week... Who is the new #1?

Doug Pacey of the Tacoma News Tribune has his weekly rankings for all levels of play, find them right here.

---

Cam Christian, Auburn graduate, died in a car accident Friday morning. Christian was a friend of one of my very good friends and she speaks very highly of him. When I asked her for the link, she said this was it. Please take a moment and watch the video from King5.com.

---

Every week, David Auguste of ESPN puts together a prediction game of sorts where he competes with Mason Kelley of the Seattle Times and Mariner High School RB, KeiVarae Russell. I have begun putting in my two cents in the comments section and have been doing much better than I did when I was making predictions on my blog. Here is a link to last weeks pick. Be sure to look around that page as Auguste does a good job covering football for our state.

---

HIGH SCHOOL STAIUM OF THE WEEK




These pictures are from newly name Andy Collins Memorial Field at Zillah High School. The story of Andy Collins is very saddening, but a great article can be found right here. Sportsyakima.com did a great piece on the dedication of the field, read about it here. If you would like to see more pictures of this stadium and many others, please visit Washington State High School Football Stadiums.

---

Last week I started recording some audio in the attempts of making a weekely podcast. I was not completely satisfied with the results, but will continue to tweak it and may begin posting audio to go along with articles. I realize that not everyone has the time to read what I write but may be able to listen to what is written as they are doing other things. I hope to get something together within a week.

---

Please follow and share my twitter account @HSFootballWA.

No comments:

Post a Comment