Friday, September 2, 2011

No high school football for me tonight...

As much as I love Seahawks football, I hate preseason. My season tickets cost me $72 per game, they play a 10 game home season and I have three tickets. The first two games of those ten are preseason games that I pay full price to attend. Tonight instead of going to watch say Redmond @ Juanita, Liberty @ Skyline, or the one I really want to see Union @ Bothell, I get to pay $72 to see Charlie Whitehurst and the other Seattle Seahawks best backups take on the hated Oakland Raiders backups.

I have had people tell me to sell my Seahawks tickets, thats an option... In the regular season! One guy said "Just don't go", I couldn't possibly justify throwing $216 down the toilet.

Now don't get me wrong, I love the Seahawks and absolutely despise the Raiders, but nobody wants to watch backups play for $72 a ticket. I might get to see the Seahawks first team offense play a series or two... Maybe I would rather see backups?... No I wouldn't. I understand that teams need preseason game, but do they really need to full price for a game that has no meaning to the fans?

I am sorry for rambling about the NFL on a high school blog, but I am on my way to the game on a bus from Everett and have nothing better to do.

---

Emerald City Kickoff:

Tomorrow is the annual day of football at Qwest... Oops!... CentryLink Field. Here is the schedule of games...

9:30 am - Hazen vs. Blaine

Noon - Oroville vs. Darrington

3 pm - W.F. West vs. North Mason

5:30 pm - Coeur d'Alene (Idaho) vs. Moses Lake

8 pm - Seattle Prep vs. Mercer Island


A few days ago I previewed the 5:30 game, to read that preview click Coeur d'Alene Vikings vs. Moses Lake Chiefs.

Mason Kelley of the Seattle Times did a great piece on Mercer Island QB Jeff Lindquist, to read that article click Right Here.

I will be tweeting from the Emerald City Kickoff tomorrow. I can be found on Twitter @HSFootballWA.

--

I am not sure who keeps reading my blog from Canada and Germany, but thanks! I like to check the stats for the blog and find it funny everytime the Canada and Germany labels gain a point.

No comments:

Post a Comment