Monday, September 12, 2011

On tap for this week, Sept. 12th, 2011...

Well last weekend ended with a little disappointment. I was unable to attend the third game of the week, Mount Si @ Bothell. The game ended up being a great game, with Mount Si coming back to win.

This week I will only see two games. Thursday night I will be at French Field as the Tahoma Bears(1-1) travel to meet the Kentwood Conquerors(1-1) in SPSL North action.

Friday night I have some choices. Bothell is at Newport and Juanita is at Mercer Island, both good games. On the other hand, I could go see Evergreen play Bellevue Christian who just began playing football this season. I will post my plans for Friday in the next few days.

Saturday night I will not be attending any games.

---

I also hope to do a report on where a few of the conferences stand so far. KingCo 3A and 4A are at the top of my list with SPSL, WesCo, Seamount and Metro just behind. If somehow I am able to get through all of those leagues, I would like to take a look at the other side of the state or the Greater St. Helens League. Hopefully I will have one or both of the KingCo reports up tomorrow.

---

Mason Kelley of the Seattle Times has his weekly rankings for 4A and 3A schools up, view them here. As far as the big schools go, I consider Mason to the authority as far as rankings.

Doug Pacey of the Tacoma New Tribune has his weekly rankings up for all levels of football, view them here. Doug does a GREAT job in following the entire state of football and also has a different view than Mason when it comes to the big schools. If Mason is the authority for big schools, Doug is the all around authority. I may not agree with him on the big school, but I couldn't possibly aruge about the other levels of play.

---

I think I am done predicting games. Last week I picked Kennedy Catholic, Juanita and Bothell... I went 0-3. In all honesty I think most people would've picked the games the same way I did. I guess if I get enough people wanting me to predict games I will, but as of right now it is off.

---

Last Friday I accepted a position with Two Man Prodcutions, to view the website click Right Here. TMP will help me further advance my ambitions of being in sports media. TMP is the brain child of local radio host, Jonathan West of WARM 106.9. TMP has two main projects, New Music... NOW! with Jonathan West. This is a weekly internet radio show, view the webpage Right Here. To follow on twitter just search @NewMusicNowLive. The other project is a college football playoff system, this is something any fan of college football needs to take a look at. It can be found on this link Major College Football System. You can also follow on twitter by searching @MCFPS.

I hate to use this blog to advertise for something other than high school football, but this is all really good stuff. I hope all of my readers can take a few minutes to browse those links.

---

I would like to welcome a new reader from France. We are really starting to cover the map.

---

You can follow me on Twitter @HSFootballWA. You can also view my attempt to visit every high school stadium in out state, on Facebook at Washington State High School Football Stadiums.

No comments:

Post a Comment