Wednesday, September 28, 2011

On tap for this week, Sept. 27th, 2011...

I am glad to get back to High School Football. Last week was a rough one for me and my group of friends, but we will survive. I ended up attending a high school game (Bothell @ Roosevelt), a college game (Cal @ UW) and a pro game (Arizona @ Seattle) all in one weekend. It was a lot of fun! If you have never taken a boat to a Husky game, you are missing out. It is really an experience like no other.

I have decided to stay close to home this Thursday and attend the Ballard @ Woodinville. The Falcons are really playing good football and I feel like I need to see them play. The game is at Pop Keeney which is also one of my favorite places to watch a game. It is really a no brainer.

Friday night will most likely see me head right back to Pop Keeney when the Bothell Cougars and Inglemoor Vikings clash in the annual "Spaghetti Bowl". Both teams got wins in Memorial Stadium last friday night, Bothell over Roosevelt 24-0 and Inglemoor over Ballard 35-14. Last season's game was a 27-3 win for the Cougars, who haven't lost to the Vikings since 2000.

As for Saturday, right now I have no plans to attend a game. I may end up going to Portland to see the Thunderbirds play the Winterhawks, hockey for those wondering. I may end up going to see Orcas Island vs Bellevue Christian @ Lake Washington High School in a non-league 2B game. I might even just go find some junior football to watch most of the day.

---

Doug Pacey of the Tacoma News Tribuns has his state football rankings for the week, find them right here.

Mason Kelley of the Seattle Times has his own rankings, they can be found right here.

The Bellevue Wolverines continue to climb in the national rankings. Mason Kelley took the time to pull all of them together and a you can read about that right here.

---

I hope to be able to get the "This week" stuff done tomorrow for SPSL 4A and 3A. If I have time I will do KingCo 3A and 4A as well. The Wesco appears to have some very good teams, I would like to get a look at what they have to offer, I hope to be able to do that before the game Thursday night.

---

Either this week or next I will be sending a few emails to the east side of the state to talk to coaches from the best teams on the other side of the state. I would like to put something together with Chiawana, Kamiakin, Kennewick, West Valley of Spokane, Prosser, Cashmere, Colfax and Almira/Coulee-Hartline. If I can get three of those schools to respond I will put a piece together.

---

HIGH SCHOOL STADIUM PIC OF THE WEEK:


This is a look at the home stadium for the W.F. West Bearcats. They have no seating on the other side of the field, so this is what you get. Behind the stadium is a beautiful baseball stadium. To see more pictues of this stadium and pictures of many other stadiums I have visited visit Washington State High School Football Stadiums.

If you looks closely at the pic you will notice a group of red seats. These seats are for what I guess you would call "Season Ticket Holders". The seats have the name of the owner on them. I have attached a picture below with a closer look at the seats... Do they look familiar to anyone? This isn't the first stadium they have been in.


---

I have recieved a few emails with support and encouragement during a tough moment in my life. I would like to thank all of those who read and commented to me about my piece. It really means a lot.

---

I can be found on twitter by following @HSFootballWA.

No comments:

Post a Comment