Monday, September 5, 2011

On tap for this week...

The big game of the week will feature the Bellevue Wolverines traveling to take on the Skyline Spartans. I will not be in attendance. The rest of the local media will be all over this game and it just doesn't make sense for me to do so as well.

Thursday night I plan on heading to Highline High School in Burien to see the Archbishop Murphy Wildcats visit the Kennedy Catholic Lancers. Both teams are 1-0 on the season following big first week wins.

Friday night, while everyone else is at Skyline, I plan on heading to Pop Keeney Stadium to see the Juanita Rebels take on the Inglemoor Vikings. Both teams are 1-0 after first week, non-league victories.

Saturday night I hope to be back at Pop Keeney to see the hometown Bothell Cougars battle the Mount Si Wildcats. The Cougars are 1-0 after beating Union(Vancouver,WA) while the Wildcats dropped to 0-1 after losing to Woodinville.

I will be sending out emails shortly with hopes of previewing all three games before I go see them.

---

The top ranked 2B team in the state, the Adna Pirates opened with a convincing 34-19 victory over Wahkiakum. The video below is from King5 News showing how Adna worked to build a new stadium for a team that very much deserved it.



---

In looking at the stats for this blog, I noticed I have a new reader. This week I added a reader from Indonesia. Canada again contiued to pull strong numbers behind the United States.

---

I can be followed on twitter @HSFootballWA

No comments:

Post a Comment